REASONS TO STUDY SINGAPORE 1. High Standard of Education Singapore is now the host of two universities ranked in the top 15 in the world and two in the top 3 in Asia, according to the QS World University Rankings 2016. The universities in Singapore are recognized particularly for their technology and engineering courses, as well as those in natural sciences. Singapore is considered to be one of the leading educational nations in Asia. 2. The Employment Opportunities Singapore’s strong economy, resulting from its strong industrial focus, means that there are a number of employment prospects for graduates. In 2016 the unemployment rate sat at a mere 2.2% and with many organizations offering graduate programs, there is bound to be plenty of opportunities available. 3. Education Grants All international students are eligible to receive a grant for their tuition fees, which the amount varying depending on the course and institution. You do not have to pay these fees back, but instead, students are required to stay in Singapore and work for a minimum of three years, again, depending on the course. 4. Immersion into the Asian Century With Asian countries set to dominate innovation and technological advancements in the coming years, what better way to get a head start in the new era of development than by studying in what has become one of the most competitive economies in the world. The Asian Century has in part been led by the growth of India, but Singapore is predicted to play a key role in the future, so a degree from one of its’ top universities will no doubt be incredibly beneficial. 5. Global Educational Focus There is strong collaboration between universities in Singapore and others around the world. These partnerships will mean that as a student you are given an enormous range of opportunities and as a result, your studies can truly be a global experience. 6. The Gateway to South- East Asia Studying and living in Singapore will mean you will be in close proximity to numerous other countries, which means both you can experience both a culturally rich and cheap trip to some the beautiful countries located just around the corner. 7. Multicultural Just as Singapore is located close to the hub of south- east Asia, Singapore itself is a multicultural and diverse island nation. People living, studying and working in Singapore have originated from all over the world and as a result, the country is the collection of diverse cultures, ethnicities, and religions. This incredible diversity functions in harmony, as the nation is relatively free from conflict. 8. Close to Home Studying abroad is very difficult for many people, as it often means moving to another side of the world, away from home, friends, and family. Singapore, in comparison with the US or Australia for example, is very close to India and with an Indian population of nearly 10%, living in Singapore won’t feel very far away from home at all!
|Available Courses Type : Foundation, Certificate,Diploma,Degree Post Graduate,|
|Minimum Qualifications : G C E (O/L)|
|Age : 18 and above|
|Medium : English|
|Certificate Course||03 months (minimum)|
|Diploma Course||12 months to 18 months (06 month study period + 06 months OJT )|
|Degree||03 to 04 years|
|Top up Degree||01 to 02 years|
|Masters||12 months to 18 months|
|Postgraduate Diploma||12 months|
- Certificate in Academic English
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Media and Communications
- Certificate in Engineering Foundation
- Certificate in Info - Comm Technology
|Certificate Course||S$ 3500 upwards|
|Diploma Course||S$ 5000 upwards (4000-12,000)|
|Advanced Diploma||S$ 8000 upwards|
|Degree||S$ 12,000 upwards|
|Postgraduate Diploma||S$ 8000 upwards|
|Masters||S$ 10,000 upwards|
|Above amounts will vary from College and the course you are selecting Installment payment option is available.|
- After receiving the offer letter from Singapore, you are required to pay visa application fee and then Dream Guide International will submit your visa application.
- Upon receiving successful visa, you have to pay course fee + Consulting fee + Air Ticket payments.
- You should have minimum of SGD 1000/- in hand to over your Initial expenses in Singapore. This will help to cover the accommodation + Food cost in Singapore at least for 2 months
- No dependant Visa allowed.
- Parents, Dependants can visit Singapore (On arrival Visa)
- Dream Guide International will be arranging accommodation according to the preference of the students.
- In a shared room there will be 03-04 students from the similar gender and the cost is S$ 300 to S$ 400 per month. Single room will cost S$ 900 pm and college hostel S$ 400 upward.
- Average food cost will be S$ 150 per month for self-cooking.
|Intakes : Every Month (This will depend on the course you selected)|
|Financial Sponsor : Not required|
|Visa Interviews: No|
|Visa Type : Student Visa + OJT (for some selected Courses OJT is exempted) please refer to offer letter|
|Visa Period : Initially you will receive 06 months visa and renewable till the end of the full course, Visa renewal - When doing the visa renewal attendance and the students performance will be considered|
|Part time or Full time job allowed : While you study in Singapore part time jobs are not allowed but students will have the opportunity to work & earn while study with OJT offer (OJT = on job training)|
|Transfer to other countries : Most of colleges offer students to transfer to other countries with their affiliate partner colleges upon successfully completion of the selected course with good marks & good attendance.|
- Copy of Passport (Photo page color)
- Birth certificate original Sinhala & English Translate
- Exam certificate originals G.C.E. O/L (&A/L if have) Certificate – English Translate (Certified by Foreign Ministry)
- Other educational certificates originals (if available)
- Photos – Passport size with white background (05 Nos) (Neatly Dressed)
- Name Affidavit (if)